- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
A SPECIAL SECTION OF THE CHILDREN'S DEPARTMENT
GAMES CHILDREN PLAY
FROM BOARD GAMES TO TEAM SPORTS
To interest the children who answer "recess" when asked what they like best about school. To have something for children who are more comfortable on the soccer field then in the classroom. To offer great resources for all children who delight in games and love to play. These are just some of the reasons why the Children's Sports section was created. This is a great place to find a love of reading.
- VARIETY OF SPORTS, GAMES, AND RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Just look at some of the sports and activities covered in this heavily-used section cheerleading, golf, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, ice skating. snowboarding. martial arts, chess, gymnastics, football, tennis, and fishing. II there is a sport or game kids like to do or watch they will most likely find it here.
- INSTRUCTION, BIOGRAPHIES AND MORE
- Book subjects cover "how to" as well as stories about famous athletes and other sports-related information. That means in this one section, you could find a biography of golf great Tiger Woodsy a book with jump-rope songs and games, and an instruction guide with tips on how to become a better soccer player.
- HELP FINDING THE BEST BOOKS
- The best part of Children's Sports Collection is the help children will get finding the books that will interest them. Our professional librarians have years of experience guiding children to the best materials for their reading levels, interests, and attention spans.
The enhancement of the Children's Sports was made possible thanks to a generous donation from Kay and Bob Hiatt.
- 1st Floor, Children's Department
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library
3030 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111
- (901) 415-2739 (Children's Department)
(901) 415-2700 (Library Information Center)
- Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Mission Statement: The Memphis Public Library & Information Center is in the business of satisfying the customers need to know.
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.