- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
The Library has accommodations for residents with special needs, including…
- Books on Cassette and Compact Disc
- Descriptive Entertainment Videos (at Central Library only).
- E-Audio Books (download at www.memphislibrary.org)
- Large Print Fiction and Non-fiction Books
- Adjustable computer desks
- ZoomText Magnifier/Reader software
- Computers with 20-inch monitor, SmartCat touchpad, large trackball mouse, headphones and either a compact, large print/Braille, or large key keyboard.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer software for convenient access to the web and easy text size and contrast adjustment.
LOW TECH EQUIPMENT
Low tech equipment is available at many of our 19 locations. Equipment includes:
- Assorted magnifiers
- Lap desks
- Hands free bookstands
Tennessee State Library Services:
- Apply for access to the Tennessee Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped’s collection of 50,000 items at any of our 19 Memphis Public Library & Information Center locations.
- Learn more about Tennessee Library Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at http://www.tndeaflibrary.nashville.gov/about.htm.
Memphis Public Library Services
- WYPL (FM Radio 89.3) provides continual radio reading services and special programming for the visually impaired.
- TTY line available at 415-2701.
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.