- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
The symbol means a library card number is required for access.
More Free Internet Audiobook Sources
- Libri Vox Audiobooks
- Project Gutenberg - Free books in text and audio, mobile, e-reader.
- Great Books Audio
- Open Culture
Reference non-fiction e-texts which are designed for online use:
- Gale Virtual Reference Library- 32 non-fiction reference titles.
- Learning Express E-books- non-fiction, reference, test preparation, careers, jobs, real estate, civil service, health occupations, math skills, science.
- MyiLibrary- non-fiction, reference, primarily for online use, partial download only.
- Project Gutenberg - - offers over 100,000 free ebooks to download to your PC, Kindle, Android, iOS or other portable device. Choose between ePub, Kindle, HTML simple text and zipped formats. Mobile Access Link. Alternative access method via the library Digital Media Collection.
- Booklending - Booklending.com is a website that matches lenders and borrowers of Kindle ebooks. To participate in lending and borrowing Kindle books, you must first register as a user on the site or connect with Facebook Connect.
- Lendle - enables you to lend and borrow Kindle™ books and get paid for it.
- Open Library - The World's classic literature at your fingertips. Over 1,000,000 free ebook titles available.
- Google Books - Offers both retail and free ebooks, many of which can be searched online.
- Science Fiction
- Computer Books
- Internet Public Library Online Texts - a good directory of free ebook sources.
- Digital Book Index - Digital Book Index provides links to more than 165,000 full-text digital books from more than 1800 commercial and non-commercial publishers, universities, and various private sites. More than 140,000 of these books, texts, and documents are available free.
- Electronic Text Archives
- Internet Archive: Text
- KnowFree - e-book exchange, non-fiction
- Free e-books - access up to 5 free e-books a month
- Hathi Trust Digital Library - offers over ten million titles, online searching and access is free for research purposes, but there is a fee for downloading.
Free Internet Podcast Sources
- Open Culture - podcasts of fiction and nonfiction books, courses, news, music, science, art, travel.
Free Internet Video Sources
Computer Programs - Free Internet Sources
- Softpedia - Software, free or shareware, virus free
- CNET Downloads - Software, reviews, free or shareware, virus free
- Open Source Mac - Software, reviews, free or shareware, virus free
- Free Downloads Center - Software, reviews, free or shareware, virus free
- Tucows - Software, reviews, free or shareware, virus free.
Includes Windows, Mac, Linux, Web and Mobile programs.
- A+ Freeware - Software, reviews, free or open source, virus free.
- FileHippo - Software, reviews, free or shareware, virus free.
- Major Geeks - Software, reviews, free or shareware, virus free.
Computer Games - Free Internet Sources
- Abandondonia - games, reviews, free, shareware or abandoned*.
- Best of Old Games Net - games, reviews, free, shareware or abandoned*.
- Liberated Games - computer games, free.
* Abandonware is a product ignored by its owner and for which no product support is available and the manufacturer is ignoring the product. Copyright ownership may be unclear because while the manufacturer is ignoring the product it may not be tracking or enforcing copyright violations. Definition from Wikipedia.org
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.