- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
The National Library of Medicine’s consumer health web site. Can be used to explore consumer health information written in lay language. MEDLINEplus also provides these great links:
- Consumer Health Information
The NIH Consumer Health Information page is a growing collection of the most requested National Institutes of Health publications. Represented here are publications from the National Cancer Institute, the National Eye Institute, the National Institute on Aging, the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institutes, the National Institute on Mental Health, and many others. The titles of publications are listed under their associated institute. Publications may also be searched by subject keywords.
Healthfinder is a gateway consumer health and human services web site from the U.S. government that can lead you to online publications, clearinghouses, databases, web sites, and support and self-help groups, as well as the government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that produce reliable information for the public. Developed by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, in collaboration with other federal agencies, and coordinated by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion.
- Patients - Staying Healthy with Knowledge
Provides a wealth of information that can help you lead a healthy life and become a more active participant in your own health care -- from nutrition and fitness articles to specific diseases and medical conditions. From the AMA.
- Information from your Family Doctor
From the American Academy of Family Physicians, this site offers patient education on common medical concerns and conditions.
A joint venture between Aetna U.S. Healthcare and Harvard Medical School. Aetna InteliHealth's mission is to empower people with trusted solutions for healthier lives.
A nonprofit consumer health web site that provides high quality information created and evaluated by medical and health professional faculty at: University of Cincinnati, Case Western Reserve University, and The Ohio State University.
- Office of Rare Diseases
This website provides information about rare and genetic diseases in English and Spanish.
The mission of this site is to improve patient health and to strengthen the physician/patient relationship by providing patient-focused, specialty-specific, scientifically accurate healthcare information and services in a cost-effective manner.
Search the Health Information Center
healthfinder.gov Daily News
- Too Many Foster Kids With ADHD Treated With Antipsychotic Drugs: Study
- Girls Suffer Worse Concussions, Study Suggests
- More High School Athletes Complying With Concussion Guidelines, Study Finds
- Specializing in One Sport as Child No Guarantee of Future Success
- Age a Big Factor in Colon Surgery Complications, Study Finds
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.