- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
A site provided by MEDLINEplus with links to various sources of information on disabilities.
- Tennessee Disability Pathfinder
The Tennessee Disability Pathfinder is a statewide information and referral service focused on helping individuals with disabilities identify community resources. All disabilities and ages are included.
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research
This site focuses on monitoring and collecting information on disability research and making it available to the public.
- National Council on Disability
The National Council on Disability (NCD) is an independent federal agency that makes recommendations to the President and Congress on issues affecting the 54 million Americans with disabilities.
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, an institute of the National Institutes of Health, conducts and supports research in the areas of hearing, balance, smell, taste, voice, speech, and language.
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research
It is the mission of NIDRR to generate, disseminate and promote new knowledge to improve the options available to disabled persons. The ultimate goal is to allow these individuals to perform their regular activities in the community and to bolster society’s ability to provide full opportunities and appropriate supports for its disabled citizens.
- ADA Home Page
For individuals and businesses. Provides information on the legal rights of the disabled. Published by the United States Department of Justice.
Comprehensive federal website of disability-related government resources.
The National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities provides information on disability-related issues with a special focus on children and youth (birth to age 22).
- The Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
This site provides information on the free library program for Tennessee residents who are not able to use standard print materials because of a visual or physical disability. This site works in cooperation with the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- Amputee Coalition of America
The Amputee Coalition of America (ACA) is a national, non-profit amputee consumer educational organization representing people who have experienced amputation or who were born with limb differences. The ACA supports individual amputees, amputee education and support groups for amputees, professionals, family members and friends of amputees, amputation or limb loss related agencies, and organizations.
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.