- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Legal Health Issues
- State of Tennessee Advance Care Plan and Appointment of Health Care Agent
In the state of Tennessee, The Advance Care Plan and Appointment of Health Care Agent forms are taking the place of the Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney forms. However, the Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney are still acceptable as means of advance health care decision making. These documents can be used to inform your family and doctor of your decisions about your health care should you become unable to decide for yourself. You can also use these forms to appoint someone you know and trust to be your health care decision maker.
- 10 Legal Myths About Advance Medical Directives
Published by the American Bar Association's Commission on Law and Aging, this website exposes 10 of the legal myths regarding advance medical directives.
- Consumer’s Tool Kit for Health Care Advance Planning
Published by the American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging, this tool kit contains a variety of self-help worksheets, suggestions and resources to help users discover, clarify and communicate “what is important to you in the face of serious illness.”
- How to Spot Health Fraud
Article from the Food & Drug Administration with tips for spotting health fraud with examples.
- Office for Civil Rights - HIPPA
Information on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 which deals with the privacy of patients' health information.
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.