- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Local Health Information
- MPLIC's LINC Community Resources
This resource database contains information on community services that individuals and organizations need to sustain and improve their daily lives.
- Healthy Memphis
This site has information provided by and about the Healthy Memphis Common Table. Healthy Memphis brings together different groups and individuals in the Mid-South to help solve community health problems.
- Health Hotlines
The Tennessee Department of Health operates a number of toll-free hotlines.
- The Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
This site provides information on the free library program for Tennessee residents who are not able to use standard print materials because of a visual or physical disability. This site works in cooperation with the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- Mid-South Transplant Foundation, Inc.
Mid-South Transplant Foundation, Inc. is the federally designated organ procurement organization serving West Tennessee, East Arkansas, and North Mississippi. A local chapter of Coalition on Donation.
- Tennessee Department of Health
The Department of Health works to promote, protect and restore the health of Tennesseans by facilitating access to high quality preventive and primary care services.
- Bureau of TennCare
The Bureau of TennCare is responsible for the administration of the TennCare and TennCare Partners programs, a managed care system that provides health care benefits including mental health and substance abuse assistance.
- Tennessee Department of Mental Health
The Department is responsible for providing services to individuals with mental illness and/or developmental disabilities and/or neurobiological brain disorders.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is known throughout the world for its clinical and scientific contributions to the fight against catastrophic childhood diseases.
- Baptist Memorial Health Care Online
"Baptist Memorial Health Care's internet magazine, Baptist OnLine, provides you with health related topics that will be helpful to you in everyday life".
The mission of www.HealthyMe.md is to improve patient health and to strengthen the physician/patient relationship by providing patient-focused, specialty-specific, scientifically accurate healthcare information and services in a cost-effective manner.
- Wings Cancer Foundation
Wings is a unique collaboration of people, programs and resources with the mission of providing services to promote support, research and hope to anyone in the community touched by cancer.
Address: 100 North Humphreys Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Phone: (901) 322-2984
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network
The Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network is the statewide organization that is responsible for implementing the following strategy for suicide prevention - a grassroots team of Tennesseans, divided into eight regions under the direction of a statewide executive director, works to eliminate the stigma of suicide, to educate the community about the warning signs of suicide, and ultimately to reduce the rate of suicide in the state of Tennessee. This site is not a crisis hotline.
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services - Tennessee Access to Recovery II
Tennessee Access to Recovery II will provide service vouchers to eligible consumers for treatment and recovery support services. Treatment services are targeted to eligible adults with a methamphetamine abuse or dependence diagnosis.
Search the Health Information Center
- Tri Delta commitment
- Protein’s structural shift offers clues to tumor suppression and other key cell functions
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital names James R. Downing, MD, CEO to oversee a new era of expansion, growth
- Mechanism discovered for attaching an “on” switch that helps cells accessorize proteins
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.