- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
- MPLIC's LINC Community Resources
This resource database contains information on community services that individuals and organizations need to sustain and improve their daily lives and operation.
National Library of Medicine's database of health organizations and research resources.
This page links to various government and private organizations that provide health information. The list is also available by Health Topic.
- National Health Information Center
Directs individuals with general health questions to the organizations that can provide answers. Contains database of over 1,100 organizations and government offices.
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator
This searchable directory of drug and alcohol treatment programs shows the location of facilities around the country that treat alcoholism, alcohol abuse and drug abuse problems. The Locator includes more than 11,000 treatment centers and includes treatment programs for marijuana, cocaine and heroin addiction, as well as drug and alcohol treatment programs for teenagers, adolescents, and adults.
- Family Violence Prevention Fund
News, resources and information on programs that try to prevent abuse in families.
- The Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
This site provides information on the free library program for Tennessee residents who are not able to use standard print materials because of a visual or physical disability. This site works in cooperation with the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- Wings Cancer Foundation
Wings is a unique collaboration of people, programs and resources whose mission is to provide services, to promote support, research and hope to anyone in the community touched by cancer.
Address: 100 North Humphreys Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee 38120
Phone: (901) 322-2984
- National Eating Disorders Association
This site has information on eating disorders and body image concerns as well as information on how to help others who may be at risk or who are currently dealing with an eating problem.
This comprehensive site has had a presence on the internet for over ten years providing information and support to those who have been exposed to asbestos.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Support Programs
Provides educational resources and access to support groups for cancer patients.
- The Body
The Body's mission is: to use the internet to lower barriers between patients and clinicians, to demystify HIV/AIDS and its treatment, to improve patients' quality of life, and to foster community through human connection.
- Philadelphia FIGHT A self help association with information and links for individuals with AIDS and their families.
- Gambling Clinic: A Center for Self-Change
Located at the University of Memphis, the Gambling Clinic provides low-cost outpatient services for individuals experiencing gambling problems.
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.