- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
- Health Statistics
Links to sources of health statistics provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- Tennessee State Page
This site from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region (NN/LM-SE/A) has demographics, statistics, news, and other great resources on health in Tennessee.
- FASTATS from A to Z
An alphabetical listing of key terms for quick access to health statistics. This site is part of the National Center for Health Statistics provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Tennessee's Office of Health Statistics & Research is responsible for the compilation, analysis, and distribution of vital statistics data and other statistical information submitted to the Tennessee Department of Health through various certificates, reports, and surveys.
- 2004 Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery published this “authoritative source for current U.S. statistics on cosmetic surgery” that covers 39 cosmetic procedures and offers 8-year comparisons.
- American Hospital Directory
The American Hospital Directory’s website provides detailed information on almost every hospital in the United States. It has a free state-by-state listing of hospital profiles to serve as a standard for comparison for users.
- Trust for America’s Health
The Trust for America’s Health, a nonprofit organization, works to “make disease prevention a national priority.” Included on this website is a section entitled “Your State’s Health” which provides brief statistics on such areas as the percentage of adults with asthma or the percentage of obese adults. It also covers cancer tracking mechanisms and bioterrorism preparedness at the state level.
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.