- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
- Pregnancy & Newborn
The March of Dimes presents this online guide to a healthy pregnancy and birth. Topics include preparing for pregnancy, nutrition, breastfeeding and more.
- Women's Health
Various sites selected for general information on women's health issues at MEDLINEplus.
- Drugs and Lactation Database
"A peer-reviewed and fully referenced database of drugs to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. Among the data included are maternal and infant levels of drugs, possible effects on breastfed infants and on lactation, and alternate drugs to consider."
- Women's Health Initiative
This site has information on the WHI Hormone Program. It also provides a link to the journal article in the Journal of the American Medical Association that provides the basis for the reported findings.
- National Women's Health Information Center
Provided by the Office on Women's Health at the US Dept. of Health and Human Services.
- WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women With Heart Disease
WomenHeart's mission is to improve the health and quality of life of women living with or at risk of heart disease, and to advocate for their benefit.
- Maternal and Child Health Library
“The Maternal and Child Health Library at Georgetown University provides the MCH community with accurate and timely information on a broad range of topics.” See the A-Z topic index.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
The National Women’s Health Resource Center (now called HealthyWomen) is a non-profit “dedicated to helping women make informed decisions about their health and encouraging women to embrace healthy lifestyles to promote wellness and prevent disease."
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.