- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
The Library’s automated telephone service allows you convenient access to your account at almost any time of the day or night. You have access regardless of your work or school schedule, or whether the library is open or closed. Use this service to:
- Get a reminder of what materials you have checked out
- Find out if any materials are overdue
- Get a list of any fines you owe
- Learn what items you put on hold are ready for pick-up
- Renew materials
- Change your PIN
To use the automated telephone service, call 452-2047. Enter your library card number and PIN number when prompted. Then, just follow the automated voice prompts to access the services you need.
In addition to calling in to the system, you can have the system call you. If you choose telephone notification as the primary way for the Library to contact you, rather than e-mail or postal mail,you will automatically receive calls when materials you've requested are ready for pick-up, or when your checked-out items are overdue. (If we can't reach you by phone, we will send you a reminder about your overdue items by U.S. mail. Postal notification is not available for our holds service.)
To select or change your preferred notification option, call us at (901) 415-2702, e-mail us, or call or visit your favorite branch.
Catalog and Account Help
- Catalog and Account Help Index
- Library Card
- Catalog Searching
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
How Do I...
- Search the Catalog and Find What I Need?
- Get A Library Card?
- Access the Wireless Network?
- Check Out an e- Audio Book?
- Get help with e- Audio Book technical problems?
- Contact the Library?
- Find Library Events?
- Reserve Books?
- Become a Friend of the Library?
- Renew Items I Have Checked Out?
- Get or Change a PIN?
- Find Activities for My Teen?
- Use the Automated Telephone System?
- Find Out about Fees, Loan Periods, or Fines?
- Apply to Work at the Library?
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.