- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
When a hold that you have placed becomes available, you have 7 days to pick up the item. If you do not pick it up, the hold is removed and the item goes to the next person in the hold queue.
If you are going to be unavailable for a certain amount of time, you may need to suspend a hold. You will progress in the hold queue until you are first in line. You will remain first in line until your suspension is lifted. Then, the next available item will satisfy your hold request.
Once you have logged into your account and are viewing the "My Account" page, you will see your list of holds.
- Select the holds you wish to edit.
- Click on "Edit Selected Holds".
- Select the Suspension Start Date checkbox to enable date modification.
- Select the Suspension End Date checkbox to enable date modification.
Note : You can edit month and day by choosing selections from a drop-down list. You can edit the year by using arrows to the right of the box. You can also use the calendar icon to choose a date from a graphical calendar format.
If you have selected a Suspension Start Date but not a Suspension End Date, your hold will be suspended indefinitely.
Catalog and Account Help
- Catalog and Account Help Index
- Library Card
- Catalog Searching
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
How Do I...
- Search the Catalog and Find What I Need?
- Get A Library Card?
- Access the Wireless Network?
- Check Out an e- Audio Book?
- Get help with e- Audio Book technical problems?
- Contact the Library?
- Find Library Events?
- Reserve Books?
- Become a Friend of the Library?
- Renew Items I Have Checked Out?
- Get or Change a PIN?
- Find Activities for My Teen?
- Use the Automated Telephone System?
- Find Out about Fees, Loan Periods, or Fines?
- Apply to Work at the Library?
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.