- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Music Business Resources on the Web
Memphis is known worldwide as the birthplace of rock n’ roll. Our rich music history has inspired many to pursue a musical career. If you are feeling inspired, then you may want to check out our Music Business resources. We have texts on music writing and publishing, advice for the legal aspects of the music industry, and books that explain how to break into the music business.
The sites listed are for informational use only.
The Public Library does not offer its endorsement of any of these sites.
- RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America)
- HitQuarters: Resource for Songwriters, Artists, Producers
- The Harry Fox Agency
- NMPA (National Music Publishers Association)
- The Nashville Songwriters Association International
- Songwriters Guild of America
- The Society of Composers and Lyricists
- PRS for Music
- MPA (Music Publishers Association)
- NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants
- SongLink International
- Music Books Plus - A mail-order service that specializes in music business and entertainment media.
- FemMuse Artist Network (Los Angeles) - A network for female musicians.
- The Society of Professional Audio Recording Services - A professional society for people in the music industry.
- Artist House Music – Funded by the Herb Alpert foundation, this non-profit site provides support and guidance to all types of musicians.
- American Federation of Musicians – An organization that represents the interests of professional musicians.
- Galaris Music Industry Directory – An online directory for sources such as booking agents, disc manufacturers, record labels, etc.
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.