- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
LINC 211 at the Memphis Public Library & Information Center
It's easy. Dial 2-1-1 or (901) 415-2790
or Toll free at (855) 354-4211
Find Help in the COMMUNITY RESOURCES DATABASE
Mon-Thu 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Fri-Sat 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Hearing-impaired individuals may call TTY 415-2701.
- About the Community Resources Database
- Free Tax Assistance
- Memphis Job Hot Lines & Web Links
- Help for Hardtimes - Information to help you weather an economic storm.
- Disaster Updates
LINC/2-1-1 - On This Page
- How to Search the Community Resources Database
- City of Memphis Free Discount Prescription Card
- Dial 2-1-1- to Find Help
- Job and Career Events @The Library
- LINCHub Sign Up
* The How to Search guides are Adobe Acrobat documents. The free reader is available as a here.
If you are looking for help, or want to provide someone with help, just dial 2-1-1 to reach the community information and referral resources of LINC, the Library Information Center at the Memphis Public Library. LINC, in conjunction with United Way of the Mid-South, is the local source for community resources. LINC maintains a large, comprehensive database of human services organizations, government agencies and volunteer groups, which can now be accessed by dialing 2-1-1.
The most frequent requests for help are utilities, food, protective services, legal assistance, child care, social support, housing, and mental health.
Services are accessible to the hearing-impaired by calling
TTY 415-2701. Toll free access is also avialable at (855) 354-4211.
Serving People in Need and the Agencies Who Help Them
2-1-1 LINC has the most comprehensive database of human service resources in the area. It is continuously updated by the information professionals, also known as librarians, at the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.
The concept of dialing 2-1-1 for help is not just in the Mid-South. It is a growing national service. The Federal Communications Commission designated 2-1-1 as the national abbreviated dialing code for free access to health and human services information and referral.
LINCHub, in email, blog or other format, is an online communications vehicle of LINC/2-1-1 at the Memphis Public Library.It is designed for use by and for for organizations, agencies and individuals that provide information and referral services and/or direct social services in the greater Memphis area. Visit the LINCHub Sign Up online form.
Free and Immediate Information for help when...
- You are worried about the gas shutoff notice you just received.
- You have been caring for your wife, who has Alzheimer's. You are exhausted and need assistance and respite.
- Your employee is frequently missing work; she needs affordable, reliable child care.
- You need counseling for your 12 year-old son who is not going to school regularly.
- You have questions about eligibility for Food Stamps.
- Your client needs information about available transportation for the disabled.
- You are a guidance counselor searching for a parenting course for a teen father.
- You want to know how to get a passport.
- You are a teenager with problems at home and need someone to talk to.
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
Community services in the Memphis and surrounding area:
- Clothing »
- Community Clinics »
- Disaster Services »
- English Instruction »
- Emergency Food »
- Foreclosure Assistance »
- Furniture »
- GED »
- Home Weatherproofing »
- Legal Services »
- Literacy Programs »
- Mortgage Assistance »
- Rent Assistance »
- Substance Abuse »
- Transportation »
- Tutoring Services »
- Utility Assistance »
- Free Senior Tax Help »
- Free Tax Assistance »
- Teen Pregnancy »
- Youth Programs »
The Community Resources Database, lists current information about community services in the Memphis and surrounding area. It is produced by the LINC/2-1-1 service of the Memphis Public Library &Information Center.
JobLINC is a 38 foot mobile job and career center with resources to help jobseekers prepare for, find and grow in a job.
More information can be found here -->
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.