- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Library Offers Guests a Discount to Southern Women's Show
Library Offers Guests to Southern Women's Show Headlining Authors, Cooking Presentations at a Discount
Agricenter International will be a southern woman's paradise on Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10. The Memphis Public Library and Information Center will be among the vendors on hand during the Southern Women's Show, which will feature special guests, cooking presentations, shopping, health and beauty tips, fashion, and much more.
"The Southern Women's Show is a fun consumer event," said Wang-Ying Glasgow, Library Adult Services Coordinator, who headed the Library's participation in the event. "Guests will be entertained and informed by exhibits, workshops, and the latest products and trends to improve their daily lives."
The Library will be located in the West Pavilion, booth WP157, and will highlight three authors at The Balancing Act Stage and four cookbook authors, who will do special cooking presentations at The Celebrity Cooking Stage.
Guests to the show who are Library card users can enjoy the show at a discount. Instead of the $10 entry fee, Library card holders are encouraged to visit www.SouthernWomensShow.com and enter the code "MPLWM13" for $2 off the regular ticket price.
Once inside, guests are encouraged to visit the following Library presentations:
- Marie Moore, author of Shore Excursion and Game Drive - Friday, March 8, 2013, 1:30 p.m., The Balancing Act Stage
- Steve Bradshaw, author of Bluff City Butcher - Saturday, March 9, 2013, 4 p.m., The Balancing Act Stage
- James Paavola, author of the Murder in Memphis series (The Chartreuse Envelope, They Gotta Sleep Sometime, and Which One Dies Today?) - Sunday, March 10, 2013, 3:30 p.m., The Balancing Act Stage
- Marisa Badgett, author of Sushi Secrets: Easy Recipes for the Home Cook - Friday, March 8, 2013, 11:30 a.m., The Cooking Stage
- Paul and Angela Knipple, authors of The World in a Skillet - Friday, March 8, 2013, 3:30 p.m., The Cooking Stage
- BJ Chester-Tamayo, author of Alcenia's Healing the Soul - Friday, March 8, 2013, 5:30 p.m., The Cooking Stage
- Angela Brown, author of Loving the Foods I Used to Hate - Friday, March 8, 2013, 6:30 p.m., The Cooking Stage
On Friday, March 8, the Library's JobLINC Bus will be on hand to provide career services. It will be parked outside of the Agricenter International, located at 7777 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, Tennessee.
"Come and enjoy book readings, cooking demonstrations, and other library resources to empower your brain!" Glasgow added.
For more information about the Library's presentations at the Southern Women's Show, contact Wang-Ying Glasgow at (901) 415-2709 or Nancy Knight at (901) 415-2871.
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.