- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Teen Employment Week Training
The Memphis Public Library's Whitehaven Branch and JobLinc present How to Find a Job . . . for Teens. Teens have an opportunity to learn the skills they need to succeed in today's competitive job market. And, what better time to do it than during Spring Break?
Teens have the opportunity find local jobs and discover which businesses are hiring teens, practice searching for jobs and navigating through challenging application processes, learn the appropriate attire for various work locations as well as how to get free clothes. Teens will also learn how volunteering can be the key to beating out the competition.
Some of the workshops offered include:
- Write A First Resume:
- On Tuesday, April 9 at 3:30 pm, valuable information for teenagers with limited experience will be presented that will allow them to create their own resume. Teens who have already started a resume are asked to bring it so that it can be edited.
- Explore the Job Corps Program:
- On Wednesday, April 10 at 3:30 pm teens have the opportunity to gain work experience and still continue/further their education.
- Understand How to Get the Job:
- On Thursday, April 11 at 3:30 pm teens are introduced to those hard interview questions that allow them to prepare answers for those challenging interviewing screenings.
Free snacks will be provided to attendees.
These workshops will be held at the Whitehaven Branch located at 4120 Millbranch.
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.